Thursday, September 02, 2010

Mamma say WHAT?!

So, it's been years since I've posted here but now I am a Mamma and that has been in the works for 21 months now. 357 days ago, we were celebrating K's 9-month birthday and that was 12 months ago!!! The 2nd year tore past us while the 1st year took its time, slowly teaching me to let go of Control and let in poopy shorts and a different view on how to do basically everything.

K talks up a storm now - for a boy, at 18 months, it's rare, but he's a great mimic. Now finishing up the last few days of his 20th month, he's communicating w/ the best of us. Sunday, in the yard, he came to me with sad eyes and said something that doesn't make any damn sense, so I asked, "What did you say?"

Again, I heard the same exact words, so I repeated back to him, "You want to eat the football?"

"Yeth."

He walked away from me, crouched in front of the football where he held it with a tiny hand on each end and leaned towards it w/ open mouth. You eat that football, baby...you'll never do it again.

Oh, I didn't have the nerve, so I said, "We don't eat that. That's not food, honey. RU hungry? Want some fruit?"

"Yeth."

Ok, then, now we're on the same page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home