Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Labor Day Weekend's upon us

I wasn't sure I was ready to admit that I had no friggin' idea what the history was of Labor Day but upon googling it, I feel that I'm probably not the only one. There's no significant person or historical moment, such as a war, that brought this about. Check out this link:

http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm

Did you know all this? Seriously? C'mon. I mean, I knew of the joke people tend to make every year about not working on Labor Day...what irony. Hardy-har-har. But I didn't know it was a holiday specifically made for the labor's union. So it's not ironic at all. Der!

Now that I know, I'll probably forget again and, if someone asks me next year, will fall short of an explanation for this holiday. Brain power's not what is used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home